We hope you have all had a great summer and a good start to the academic year so far.
We are writing on behalf of the Migration Working Group (MWG), which hosts seminars where PhD researchers, post-doctoral fellows and visiting scholars can present their latest research, exchange ideas, and discuss any topic related to migration. The MWG is led by EUI researchers and we encourage participation from all levels of the EUI community.
During this academic year, we will host a monthly seminar in which 2 papers will be presented each time. We are therefore inviting researchers to send us proposals for papers related, but not limited to, these topics:
- Public attitudes to migration and migration policies
- Labour markets, welfare states, and migration policies
- Migration, foreign aid, and development
- Migration governance (including migration narratives)
- Integration, racism, and discrimination
- Border enforcement, migration controls, and mobility practices
- The use of technology in border migration
- Challenges to migrants’ rights
- Linking research, debates, and policies
The scope of contributions is global and interdisciplinary, with exploration of non-European issues particularly welcome.
We invite those interested to send us proposals (max 500 words) for papers to MigrationWorkingGroup@eui.eu. Please also indicate the stage of your contribution at the moment of the application (early draft or full paper), for organizational matters. The deadline for submissions is October 15th.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and seeing you all at the seminars. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions or comments.
The Migration Working Group